A blog about a kid. I like her.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Gone Baby Gone


I snuck (sneaked?--I never know) out for a movie tonight and saw "Gone Baby Gone." Dennis Lehane is one of my favorite mystery writers and I remember devouring the novel in one sitting the day it came out. That was almost a decade ago, and I haven't read it since, so the details were pretty fuzzy. I just remembered thinking it was the best of the series, and the movie has been getting outstanding reviews. So I went.

The plot revolves around a little girl being abducted. A little girl with big brown eyes and light brown, almost blondish hair.

Once upon a time, that didn't bother me. But that was then. I'm glad the theater was almost empty tonight.

It's hard to watch that sort of thing without thinking about how I would react if something happened to Aletheia. I'm a minister, and theologically I'm more or less in the pacifist camp, so I hope that I would try to move toward the forgiveness and redemption of the offender.

My brother, on the other hand, is a great big cop, and he went to police academy, not seminary. So, just a note to any potential bad guys out there. You mess with Aletheia, and you'd better hope that I have time to save your soul before Uncle Kasey tracks you down. Dental records might not be enough to identify you when he's finished.

Just so you know.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a guy with a small daughter and a big bookcase. You can reach me at gate42b(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

We have changed

diapers since July 19, 2006