A couple of months ago, I was a little worried that we weren't seeing more signs of language acquisition from the kiddo, but since then she's really blossomed. Here's the current list.
3. Ut oh (used mainly when she drops something)
4. Wow! (whenever she's excited about something she sees)
5. 'Men (Amen, after our evening prayers)
6. No! (Her generic answer to anything she can tell is a question. The result is often pretty funny, so I think she does it to make us laugh. When she really means "no" she combines it with a vigorous headshake.)
7. Hi! (She's getting pretty good at this one.)
8. Agua (Water, but mainly used in reference to her bath. Yes, the kid's bilingual. The lady who watches her on Wednesdays speaks Spanish and taught her this one. It's a lot easier to say than 'water' and it's a pretty handy word to know.)
9. Duh (Duck, in reference to her rubber duckies)
10. Die (Diaper)
11. 'Nana (for both a banana and her Nana Freda)
Those are the ones we are sure about. She's made noises that seem like she's trying to say "hello," "thank you," and "I love you," but without clear l, k and th sounds it's hard to say for sure.
Words and phrases that she clearly understands when she hears them:
"Show me your..."
All in all, that's pretty good for a 15 month old. We're not worried about language acquisition any more.
A blog about a kid. I like her.
- ► 2008 (107)
- ▼ October (15)