Sandy has been experiencing some gestational hypertension (pregnancy-related high blood-pressure)--high enough that after her Monday check-in the doctor told her to go straight to the hospital, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. But, on your way out, take a sec to drop $200 off. After a day of observation, they decided she didn't quite have pre-eclampsia, but was heading down that path--something like pre-pre-eclampsia. She talked them into letting her go home provided she continued to monitor her blood pressure. We were home for about 2 1/2 hours before we had two readings in the danger zone, and had to go right back to the hospital. Best cure for gestational problems is to give birth, so they started the induction process Wednesday.
Short version: Sandy's body wasn't interested in having this baby yet. She experienced some very delightful contractions, but other than that, zero. We didn't want push on toward an almost certain C-section, and her BP readings were generally okay, so they sent her home Thursday with orders to do nothing but rest, and to check her blood pressue at least three times a day. We are scheduled to go back in Sunday night to try induction again.
So...woo hoo! Three hospital trips in a week! Not exactly what we had pictured. But we're grateful that her problems are minor enough to allow us more time to wait for labor to progress on its own. If we could avoid a C-section, that would be swell. That's how things stand now. More updates as the situation develops.